Monday, October 14, 2013

Clocked in a solid 100 miles

Okay my people....this week was not so great.

It was possibly the WORST week of my mission. And I say that because our weekly numbers were really rough. 

I've never seen so many zeros... 

But, some of the elders accidently sent us their numbers and then I didn't feel so bad...a blessing in disguise. :)

I can't even say the work is slow because it's practically non-existent. 

So, I told Sister Jin we needed to do a big clean up! We went through the ward list and visited every family that we didn't have any information on. Tuesday we went to 40 different houses! Clocked in a solid 100 miles that day. 

It was good information, but not a SINGLE person allowed us into their home. A few people got put on DNC (do not contact) list, some had moved and there were even a couple that gave fake addresses...weirdos.

Luckily, the highlight of the week by FAR was conference. Goodness. I love conference so stinkin' much!! I can't say it was the worst week of my mission when conference was so AMAZING!

"We watched conference at the church and it was just us missionaries"

Every single one of my prayers was answered. 

We are so blessed to be able to hear from the prophet and apostles! I loved how President Eyring opened with telling us how topics are not assigned and that each of them ponders, prays and fasts on what they should speak on. 

The coolest part is that missionary work was a HUGE theme!! I feel so blessed to be a missionary during this time.

All the talks about member missionaries were such a blessing. It's so important that wards are helping the full time missionaries with the work. We have been commanded to do so, if we aren't we are breaking our baptismal covenants. Pretty important stuff if you ask me. :)

 Elder Holland's talk was fantastic. SO much love. Christlike love. 

I encourage you all to read and study the talks. 

They will soften your heart. 

They will comfort you. 

They will guide you. 

You will receive answers to your prayers and know what Heavenly Father needs from you.

Love you all! Sorry this is so short. I'll send a much better email next week!

Sister Nelson

(email received October 7, 2013)

Dinner at a members home after conference


"Maybe this is why our numbers were low?"

No comments:

Post a Comment