Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Isn't there a Taylor Swift song about being 22?

Editor: yes Nat, there is such a song: 



Hello!

Seriously, soooo much to do today and not nearly enough time to do it! I'm going to send a quick email with pics of the highlights from last week...

Thanks for all of the Birthday LOVE!!!!!!!! It honestly meant the world to me. Garett and Hill brought tears to my eyes. I love you all so so so much!

On my birthday we were on exchanges with Sister Todd which was fun! :) Brother Mckee paid for a nice dinner for the 3 of us at Taps. I had never heard of it before, but it was really good. We had homemade pretzels, salads, steak, potatoes and cake!


Sister Boden, Nat and Sister Todd (Nat's MTC companion)

When we were exchanging back that night we were waiting for the sisters to come at the Grand building in Riverside. I had my seat reclined so I could take a little rest while we waited when Sister 
Boden says "Oh, there are the Hermanas

I sat up so fast and said "which one?!

She said "Oswald" (remember she was JUST transferred) 

I drove over there as fast as I could and parked our car right behind theirs so they couldn't back out and then jumped out and ran over. 

As soon as I was out of the car Hermana Oswald jumped out too and needless to say it was quite the embrace. I was SO HAPPY to see her, but it was also special because WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY!! 

We were so bummed when she got transferred because we wouldn't be together on our birthday. 

Againtender mercies of the Lord brothers and sisters. :)

"Me and Sister Oswald on our Birthday. 
She's one of my best friends in the mission. I absolutely adore her."

I was well taken care of on my birthday. Lots of love through post it notes and letters and gifts. 

"Sister Boden left this for me and then hid 22 sweet notes all over the apartment for me to find"

One of the BEST surprises was coming home and seeing "we love you Nat Nat" and "Happy Birthday Nat Nat" all over our front door. I was dying. I told Sister Boden there is only one couple who calls me thatand what do you know, Hillary and Garrett came and heart attacked me!!!!!

(Editor: Hillary sent me this pic)



There were only a few tears. Weird to think that they were here, but I LOVED it :)


At Garrett and Hillary's wedding reception May 2012 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

MERRY CHRISTMASSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AND TALK TO YOU IN TWO DAYS:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Love, 

Sister Nelson

(email received December 23, 2013)

"Proof that I really did help change the tires last week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment