Monday, January 13, 2014

Sorry for party rockin'

I am sorry for "partying" so hard this week. I woke up really sick yesterday and it's just getting worse. I think I have the flu :(

This week was good! BUSY, but good. Tuesday was Christmas Eve and the whole mission got together for a big talent show. We did more of a silly one, then they fed us lunch and then had a spiritual talent show.

It was a blast and a half! I loved seeing all of my sista friends. :)

"Lil Mama"

"Sister Jenkins, Sister Fia and Sister Anderson"

"Hermana Ruiz"

"Sister Niihau"

"My Jinny Jin"

"My fav hermanas (minus Hermana Ruiz) Luccion and Oswald"

"Elder Schoonmaker"
We came home and decided we'd all sleep in the same room and build a fort :) Yeah it was pretty dang cool. We were having all sorts of fun under there and decided we were going to leave it up until transfers (the 11th) and that lasted a hot second. We took it down the next morning.

"World's. Greatest. Fort."
Christmas Day is our only day off which was super exciting because that meant that we got to sleep in! 

It didn't happen though. 

Our bodies are too used to getting up early and so we were all up and laughing by 6:45 AM. So Sister Tucker decided to play Santa and we each opened one present at a time. 

"Sister Tucker aka Santa"
For my first Christmas away from home it wasn't too shabby.

The first present I opened was the picture frame with the cutesy picture of the family. It was my favorite gift I've EVER received. I was dying over it. So were the other sisters... Thanks mom. :)

Then of course, I LOVED talking to the fam!!!! Seriously, I miss you so much. I could have talked to you all for another 3 hours. Good thing I didn't though because I was a tad homesick after.  I'm fine now. :)

Funny noteall of the ward members asked us about calling home and they asked if we only talked for an hour and my reply was always "well, I talked to my mom for an hour!" Love you mom. ;)

The rest of the week was kind of weird, but we did pick up a new investigator. Her name is Stephanie and she is 23. We left her a harvest blessing and then committed her to be baptized on the 12th and she said yes. She didn't come to church yesterday, so we will have to move that, but I think she'll get baptized the following week. :)

Laura is still on for the 19th. She's excited and I am too. I love her so much.

We went on exchanges which was awesome because I was able to go to spanish land which only made my desire to be switched to spanish even greater... I think I'll mention something to President in my email. :)

I don't know if I can write much more. It's making my head hurt worse and I am getting more nauseous. 

I hate being sick. It's so annoying. Very inconvienient.

Love you all! I recieved so many Christmas and birthday packages/cards and I am going to try to write you all back today! If you don't hear from me this week I will try to write next week.

With all of my aloha (they say something like that right?)

Sister Nelson

PS. President approved 3 movies for us to watch on Christmas, one of them being "It's a Wonderful Life." I had NEVER seen it, but I may have seen it 3 times now... I love me some George Bailey. :) Haha welcome to the life of a sister missionary.

(Email received December 30, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment