Thursday, June 20, 2013

Love you very long time

HI!!!!

This week was great!! 

We had a mini missionary with us for 9 days which was HARD, but I can do hard things and so it was AWESOME!

Mini Missionary, Sister Pack and Natalie

Mini Missionary is 18, just graduated 
and lives in nearby Corona, CA.
She already has her papers done, 
she just needs to meet with her Bishop.

Apparently, they are testing out the idea of mini missions instead of the MTC, but I think it is only for English speaking missionaries going state side.

Hey I was thinking, the boys should go on team-ups with the Elders! They don't have to do a full day of splits, but just tag-a-long for one lesson, I think they would really like it. It's SO MUCH FUN!

That reminds me, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESSER!! I thought about you all day. You have a letter coming your way. ;)

My favorite experience this week....

You know how each companionship has to get 20 OYMs every day? Well this week Sister Pack and I decided that since we typically get more than that (it's easier on bike) we wanted to get 20 OYMs each for a total of at least 40/day. 

As soon as we set that goal we got VERY busy and had many lessons scheduled. 

One night around 8:10 PM we texted our DL's to tell them we had 32 OYMs (they want us to text them as soon as we get our 20 and then the final number at the end of the night). 

Our appointment had cancelled so I was thinking to myself, if we talk to EVERY single person we see, like we are asked, I bet we could get 100 OYMs in a single day! 

I told Sister Pack that one day before transfers I want to get 100 QUALITY OYMs. She told me I was crazy, but she was willing to try.

After I suggested it, it seemed like EVERYONE was out in their front yard (remember it's 8 PM so it seemed a little odd in the dark.) I told Sister Pack that I wanted to reach 100 in the next 40 minutes. 

We talked to SO many people and left MULTIPLE blessings, placed TWO copies of The Book of Mormon, and passed out a TON of pass along cards. At the end of the night we had 66 OYMs! 

We didn't meet our goal, but it was pretty impressive that we were able to double our OYMs in 40 minutes. 

We texted in our numbers to our DL's and they responded with "are you sure your numbers are right? 66 OYMs?

and we responded with "Yep, that's right. 66.

The next text said "daaaaaaannnggggg! Way to go sisters! Keep up the great work!"

We now have MULTIPLE new investigators from that one night! I know that Heavenly Father was mindful of us and blessed us because of our faith and our hard work. 

I am so glad I made the choice to be here. It is the best decision I have ever made. In six weeks I haven't only helped bring others closer to Christ, I have come closer myself. 

I have been really studying the Book of Mormon and the Atonement this past week and it's changed my life! I think that those two, along with the Holy Ghost, are the GREATEST gifts ever given to man. 

Please study the Atonement. It is so important. 

Jesus Christ chose to come to earth not only to suffer for our sins, but also our pains and heartbreaks. He truly knows exactly how we feel and because of the Atonement, He knows us better than we know ourselves. Through it, we are able to receive exactly what we need because Christ has been there and done that. He suffered for EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has, is and will go through.

We need to be using the Atonement DAILY. If not, we are wasting the greatest sacrifice and gift given to man.

I read Bruce R. McConkie's talk "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane." Read it my people! It's awesome. 

I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to earth and suffered for all of us, even those that He knew would never use His Atonement. 

I know that He did that out of the unconditional love for us and He is reaching out His hand to help us in these latter days. 

I cannot comprehend what He went through, but I am so grateful for it because it is the only way I am able to return to my Heavenly Father and live with my family for eternity.

I love you all so much! Your letters come to me EXACTLY when I need them so please keep writing!

The is the only true gospel and the only way we can fulfill our divine purpose. Don't take it for granted!

Love you very longtime,

(I love the Asian members in my ward...they are starting to rub off on me.)

Sister Nelson

Ps. Every Monday is "Masala House Monday" it's an Indian place with delicious chicken tiki masala! On Mondays you can get a happy meal for $2. It's the best! 



There are lots of Indians here mom, you would loveeee it. :)

(email received June 10, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment