Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's getting pretty dang hot over here!

HOLA!

Okay so I am going to put pictures on this email and it takes FOREVER on the library computer so my letter this week is going to be short. 

So sorry. Please forgive me.


"Why thank you...don't mind if I do!"

We picked up a new investigator this week! Her name is Marna. She is from Jamaica and has only been living here for a few years.

When we were walking down the street she called us over (which NEVER happens) and wanted to know what we were all about. We told her, invited her to church and she has come the past two weeks!!

She actually when to an LDS church 3 times in Jamaica and when she called us over she thought "if they ask me to go to church, I will." The spirit is REAL my people.

Anyways, we haven't been able to actually teach her a formal lesson yet, but she is reading the Book of Mormon on her own. She said "I love this book! I think that every minister in the world should have it.

We are so EXCITED about her.

Every time we bring up baptism though she changes the subject really quick and tells us that she doesn't practice religion and that she goes to church no matter who invites her. 

She is getting baptized. She just doesn't know it yet.

It's getting pretty dang HOT over here! I am dripping sweat all day long. It's cool though. I love being on bike. 

Sweaty, yet happy!


I meet with the President on Friday and I am very excited about it.

You know how I was telling you I mastered riding my bike with no hands? Yeah...well, I CRASHED




It's WAY worse than it looks. 

It happened over a week ago and is still bruised and swollen. 

I like it. I look intense. 

Sister Pack was laughing so hard when it happened she couldn't even ask me if I was okay. :)

I love and miss you all so much!! I pray for you every day. 

I am so sorry to those I haven't written back.  I am so busy, but I PROMISE that your letters are much appreciated!! Please keep writing me and send your address so I can write back...sometime. :)

Love,

Sister Nelson

PS. I LOVED YOUR PACKAGE!!! Seriously, it was PERFECT!

Sister Pack and I came home for lunch and everyone had letters except me. I was super bummed because I wasn't feeling good that day. :(

So, I went to the bathroom and wanted to cry. BUT, I remembered that Heavenly Father is mindful of me and I just need to have faith and be happy.

When I walked out, there was my package!!! I seriously got a little teary-eyed. Thank you so much mom. I love you.

PSS. The reenactment looked SWEET!! So jealous I couldn't be there. I have the pictures hanging on my wall. We should make it a family tradition or something. ;)

Eli's WWII reenactment at the Hansen's cabin May 2013
(email received June 3, 2013)



No comments:

Post a Comment