Monday, June 24, 2013

Our duo is officially a trio!

Sister Anderson arrived on Tuesday and I love her so much!! She is ADORABLE and FEARLESS. She is from Utah and just turned 19. We have had so much fun with her :) Besties for life!
Natalie and Sister Anderson
One day Sister Anderson was riding behind us and fell. We turned around and saw her, starting laughing and ran over to get a picture :) She was okay, but this is seriously what she looked like...


We had a very busy week again, but Claudia barely even talked to us...so no baptism. :(

And Arne (our investigator who is supposed to be baptized this Sunday) is drinking again.

But, it's okay! They will get there.

Last week was actually pretty rough now that I think about it. I can't even come up with a good missionary moment...hopefully, we'll have better luck this week! 

We did give out a ton of Harvest Blessings. I loveeeee giving them. So many people this week were very emotional in their blessings and immediately recognized us as TRUE representatives of Jesus Christ. 

Also, we have a lot of follow-ups to do this week which will be fun.

This Sunday we are getting a new bishopbric. WEIRD that we know that right? There was a member of the Stake Presidency there yesterday and his announcement during sacrament was that "everyone should come to church next week because there will be a big change within the bishopric!"

Bishop got up after that and says "Well this is awkward.

It was funny. I love bishop Rowe and I'm sad that he is being released. He is very missionary focused and he is hilarious. He actually reminds me A LOT of Dad. He even has the "salt-n-pepper" look going on. It's okay though because now he will be perfect for team-ups :)


Natalie and her Dad - May 2012

Did you go to the broadcast yesterday? It was AWESOME! I seriously loved it so much. I think it will really inspire the members to be more missionary focused. I can't remember who said it but, they said that MEMBERS should be the ones reactivating and doing the missionary work. The missionaries are just here to assist them. 

Crazy right? I am so glad though because this week during companion study we have been talking about how important missionary work is and that it's actually part of our baptismal convenant. 

How much happiness does the gospel bring to us? Don't we want our friends and families to have that too? Why are we scared to share the gospel? I know that even as a missionary that I get scared sometimes, but we have been promised that if we truly love them and want to share this happiness with them, that no one will be offended and you won't come off rude. NOW is the time!

So, here is my CHALLENGE...by the time I come home, invite someone to take the discussions and be baptized! It's really not a big deal. I do it 10 times a day. Just invite one person to come closer to Christ by being baptized. It's fun. I promise. :)

Love and miss you all!! 

Sister Nelson

"Sister Todd takes her curls very seriously"


"Our favorite time of the day"

No comments:

Post a Comment