Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year Boo Year (not really)

Ello Mates!

Well, I feel like it's been one lame week after the next. Not really, but my emails have been getting more and more lame. I think it's the whole transfer stage. The year is/was ending, the transfer is ending (calls are this Saturday) and everyone and their dog is sick so, it's just been rough all around.

I am going to try my best to give you a work filled email, but I am going to warn you now... no pictures. So sorry.

Last week I mentioned how sick I felt, well it only got worse. I was out until Thursday night. We literally stayed in the apartment ALL dayALL night.  It. Was. A. Killer.

For New Year's Eve we had to be in by 6 PM and then on New Year's Day it's a mission wide deep cleaning day so we can't leave to go out until 1 PM. Since we were ALL sick we were in much longer than that. 

On New Year's Eve we put together a 1000 piece puzzle (picture coming next week, we are half way done with the second one) and watched tons of movies. 

Mom, have you seen Ephrium's Rescue? It's the sequel or something like that to 17 miracles. We watched it New Year's Eve and I LOVED it. I don't know if it's because I've been on my mission and haven't seen a quality movie in a while, but I seriously loved the whole entire thing. 

The priesthood has been restored. The church is true.

New Year's morning we all got up and cleaned as long as we could, but we got pretty dizzy and ended up passing out after a few hours. We are all feeling much better now though! Thank goodness too because an apartement full of sick missionaries who haven't been able to work for a couple of days is no bueno let me tell ya.

Fortunately, we were able to get up and get some work done this weekend! Let me tell you about our investigators...

LAURA: Well...she is still on for the 19th!! The huge hold up with her was that she had been terrified to talk to her mom. She doesn't need her mom's permission, but since she lives with her and she loves her and wants her approval. 

Well she finally told her…over text haha. She didn't want to do it that way, but she set a goal of talking to her mom by Sunday and she hadn't been able to sit down and talk with her and it was Saturday night so she had no choice, but to text her. 

Her mom didn't seem mad at all. She thought that Laura was getting baptized yesterday (and doing it behind her back) so all she said was "I wish you were doing it when I could be there" which was really great because now she can be! :)

I LOVE Laura. She is so sweet and loves the gospel so much! She bore her testimony on Sunday and was adorable. She did it like a true Mormon, with tears and all. :) Her baptism will be beautiful.

STEPHANIE: Sister Todd actually OYM'd her on my birthday while we were on exchanges. She is really interested and very humble. She is the only one in her house that speaks english so lucky us. :) 

We left her a harvest blessing and taught her about the spirit and The Book of Mormon and committed her to baptism. She is a little nervous about how fast it all seems, but agreed to the 12th. Well she didn't go to church the next day (the 22nd) so we met with her again, taught her the whole restoration and changed her date to the 26th and told her that we would bring someone to pick her up this week and guess what she agreed to it all and came to church!! 

We felt bad because during sacrament we promised we would sit with a less active family that is scared to come back to church and then for 2nd hour the teacher of the senior Sunday school class asked me to come in and speak for a little bit about the role of the spirit in missionary work and then we went to ym/yw instead of Relief Society because the yw president asked us to speak on the new theme and how to invite others to come unto Christ! 

But, I think it was good because the ward missionaries took care of her which provided solid fellowship. Sister Boden and I aren't going to be here forever right? :)

(Side note: yesterday when we got to church just about everyone that we wanted to come did! Including less active families/members that haven't been to church in over a year! Pretty cool if you ask me…amen to the new year!)

There is a boy in the ward named Wusu (I can't remember if I've talked about him before or not) but he is the best missionary. He walked into church with someone I've never seen before so I hurried over to talk to them. His name is James and he lives next to Wusu and so Wusu invited him to church and he accepted. 

We didn't get to talk to him much because we were running around a lot, but after church Wusu was running after us saying "stop Sisters!" He was so excited to tell us that James said that he wants to BE BAPTIZED and he gave us his number to contact him!

We called James last night and he had a few questions about baptism. He said that he has been thinking that he needs to be baptized lately and asked what the difference is between our baptism and other Christian faiths. I told him that we are baptized just as Christ was with the priesthood, immersion, covenants and all and he said "well, that all sounds like what I want!

So, we are meeting with him again tonight and hoping to put him on date for the 19th. :) 

GOOD TIMES!

I am out of time, but I love you all so so so much!!

Sister Nelson

(email received January 6, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment