Monday, January 13, 2014

Welcome to the biker gang!

When I first came into the mission and President said that Sister Pack was going to be my new companion, she jumped up, ran over to me with arms open wide saying "welcome to the biker gang!

That was the first time I found out I was on bike. 

Transfers were yesterday and Sister Boden and I are staying! We are SO happy. However, we are getting our car taken away and will be on bikes! Straight crazy. We are also moving to much nicer apartments that are a lot closer to our area which will be nice, but the other sisters aren't moving with us. :( 

This week was another good one! Except, Sister Boden was really sick. :( None of the missionaries got the flu shot so  e v e r y o n e  is getting sick. And being sick is not really convenient for missionaries, especially when you're STL's who procrastinate and have 3 nights in a row of exchanges. 

We ended up only doing one exchange with Sisters Gowans and Hall in Moreno Valley which was so fun. I was originally supposed to stay in Corona, but since Sister Boden was still sick, I had the privilege of going to Moreno Valley. 

I loved it.

I was praying that I'd run into one of the O'Connor's, but I didn't. :( Still praying that I'll "die" there so I can go on splits with Kaitlin and Paige. :) :)

Even though Sister Boden was out for half of the week, we were still able to teach 20 lessons which was pretty impressive. I went on splits with a girl named Puna from the ward. I love her so much. She is about to leave for her mission to Houston, Texas - Spanish speaking and she will train in the MTC in Mexico. 

She's very excited, but nervous. She's adorable though. She gave her farewell talk on Sunday and the Bishopric asked her mom and me to speak with her! That was fun because of course, we all spoke about missionary work. :)

I was going around greeting people before sacrament meeting and then noticed Bishop making his way up to the stand so I decided to grab Puna to head up with me, but I sort of scared her haha. I walked up behind her, squeezed her neck and said with a straight face "it's time." 

Haha she has a good sense of humor. As soon as we sat down she leaned over to me and said "were you always this outgoing or did it come on the mission?

I said "don't worryit comes naturally to missionaries." :)

It truly does. I can't wait until I get home and can embarrass mom with all of the strangers I go up and talk to. After talking to at least 10 people on the street every day for 18 months, I imagine that will be a hard habit to break.  

I love being a missionary. It's seriously the best.  

Puna will rock it out there. Her talk was awesome. If you want to hear mine you can just look up Elder Holland's "The First Great Commandment" talk from October 2012 General Conference. I practically just read the whole thing. It's my very favorite.


This week Travis and Amy and their two children came to church!! :)  I can't remember if I've told you about them (I tried to look it up on my blog, but it looks like it hasn't been updated for a while mother.) They were all so cute! They came in all cordinating wearing black and blue. I think it went well. They seemed really happy.

We have been working really close with our ward mission leader, Brother Mckee. I love him and his whole family. Seriously, they are the BEST.  Friends for life let me tell ya. They are such great examples of Christlike people. I wish you all could meet them. I was going to tell you that we use Brother McKee's sons (Brian and Johnny they're like 38 and 36) ALL the time and we had them visit Travis and Amy, but I'm out of time so I'll have to update you next week.

So sorry! :(

Love you all,

Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment