Saturday, March 22, 2014

The bible says we shouldn't covet...

So transfers are this Saturday. This transfer went by super fast. I'm not excited...at all. I really don't want to leave Corona, but I've been here for 6 months so I know that it's time I go. But, maybe I'll be blessed with one more transferwe'll see. :)

This week was good! I don't really have that much to talk about so sorry if this is a short one, but I should have enough time to send some photos! You're welcome mom.

WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE ON TUESDAY!!!!! 

It's always the highlight of the transfer. I love going to the temple. I can't wait until I can go every week. It seriously is the boost I need. I always feel so at home and so grateful for my many blessings, especially this gospel. 



Since we can't have zone activities with the Elders anymore, we also can't go to the temple at the same time as them. Fine by me! Now we get to go with just sisters, but from multiple zones. It was awesome.

It was super fun too because one of the members of the El Cerrito ward has a huge 11 person van, so we packed it with the sisters from both zones. 

Lot's of laughing. Lot's of Cafe Rio. Lot's of love.

I was also able to go on exchanges with Sister Seiolla. She is from Micronesia and is such a hoot! Seriously all day long we were just laughing our heads off. We were in Jurupa and I can't lie, it made me miss a car. It's crazy how much more you can get done with one. 

"Me and Sister SeiollaSO funny!"
We taught Ruben multiple times this week because he was on date for YESTERDAY! He didn't make it, but that's okay because he's on date for this Sunday and we are doing everything we can to make sure that that happens. 

He is beyond hilarious. He is just one big kid which makes it hard sometimes, but it's totally worth it. This week we taught him the 10 commandments out of Exdous with Brother McKee and boy was that somethin'. He gets sidetracked a lot and has a little bit of a joking temper, so you honestly never know what is going to come out of his mouth. 

We've been getting on him about his language and guilt tripping him a little bit every time he swears and he is getting much better at it. When we read "Thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain" we said "Ruuuuuben, what do you think that means?" and he said "I know! I know! Im doinggggg itttt!"

A little while later we read about not "bearing false witness against thy neighbor" and Sister Boden made a comment about gossip. And Ruben said (and please forgive me) "Oh yeah I know that one! My mom always taught us not to do that she said if she caught us being mean to someone that she'd beat our a**!" 

Quickly we said "WOAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Ruben, you meant to say butt"

He says "No that's what she'd say! She wouldn't say butt, she'd say a**, that's how we'd know she was serious". We were laughing a little and tried for a while to help him understand that was not an appropriate word. :)

Then Brother McKee said "So how are you going to explain verse 17?" and we were like "what?"

And he said "I probably wouldn't read the whole..." and Ruben cuts him off and says "Ohhhh! Look!! There it is! It says a** right there!! Thou shall not covet thy neighbors...ox, nor his ass!" He started spanking himself yelling "The bible says we shouldn't covet people's a**!!

We. Were. Dying. 

Of course, we explained to him that it was referring to a donkey which he took to mean a donkeys "behind" and so it was one REALLY funny lesson. It seriously got to the point where Sister Boden was trying to move on and bring the spirit back and I would try my hardest not to think about what he said, but then I'd make eye contact with Brother McKee or something and then start laughing. 

BUT, he agreed to keep the commandments and I don't think he'll be checking out anyone's backside so it's a win-win right? :)

I love Ruben. He's such a sweetheart. I called him "homie" the other day so now he only calls me "homeslice" or "homegirl".  He'll be a homie for eternity fo sho. :)

I love being a missionary. Seriously, things get reallyyyyyyyy hard and sometimes I want to scream, but the good wayyyyy outweigh the bad. So many blessings come from giving everything you've got to the Lord. The greatest blessing though is being able to come closer to Christ yourself as you help others do the same.

You don't need to be a full time missionary either. :) Just "remember who you are and what you stand for" in all things that you do. Christ loves ALL of us and died for ALL of us and desires to be with ALL of us again. So, let's help Him out shall we?

I love you all so so so much! I pray and think about you often.

Love you longtime,

Sister Nelson
(email received February 17, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment