Saturday, March 22, 2014

#throwback

Since Sister Tucker and I are tight and we think we're really funny, we decided to get hashtags trending in the mission.  I think it's working, but this week was beyond perfect for hashtags because I was getting thrownback allll weeeek long. :)

Oh wait. I just realized that I didn't email home last week and that was the email about transfers so in short.

-Sister Boden and I were doubled out of the Corona ward
-I was transferred to the El Cerrito ward with my homie Sister Tucker (which is still in the Corona stake)
-Sister Boden was doubled into a ward that she's alread served in
-Sister Pyper was doubled into the Corona ward
-Sister Anderson stayed, which means the 3 of us are all back in the same stake together.... #cray
-Sister Pack is with Sister Jin in La Sierra
-Oh! and #APWilkinson took #RIPMoser's spot as Assistant to the President

So this week we started our exchanges. I got Sister Anderson again!! Can you beliebe it?? Haha I am on a roll today

Anyways, I thought that I should probably go with Sister Cho instead of Sister Anderson because I don't want President to think that I just want to hang out with my homies all the time. Plus I love Sister Cho and really wanted to work with her. :)

So we are going throughout our day trying to visit some part-member families when I get a call from Sister Mason in the ward. She goes "Sister Nelson, what are you doing right now..are you busy?"

I said "We are just going around trying to visit some families, but nothing set in stone, why?

She replied "Okay I need you at my house in five minutes. Can you be there in five minutes?

I said "yes!" and she said "okay, bye!"

It all happened so fast. It was so exciting, but I'm not gonna lie, I was a tad nervous....

So I pull up to her house and there was a car parked out side with someone in it, but funny me I wasn't wearing my glasses that day so I could barely tell that it was a man. I parked across the street and was putting up my hair when Sister Mason comes running over and bangs on the window. 

I get out of the car and BOTH Brother and Sister Mason said "are you sure you want to go inside?

I said "What?? Uhhhh yeah..." and they just kept asking me if I was sure which was making me more nervous!

Then Brother Mason goes "there is a hint in that car

I was seriously so confused and I couldn't see who was in the car. Next thing I know I am following them across the street and I finally got close enough to see that President McCall was in the car!!!!!! 

I go "Oh yeah. I definetly want to go inside!"

I walk inside and guess who was there? ELDER MCCALL!!!!!!!!!!! 

Seriously, it was so fun. I smiled so big and said "Uhhhh hi!!" and he goes "Oh my goshNO WAY!

We walked toward eachother and had a real nice handshake. #missionaryproblems

Elder McCall and Nat
(Aaron is a family friend from home that was in Nat's mission when she arrived, but then got transferred to the Redlands mission when her mission split in July.  He was on his way home, but was visiting friends in the Riverside mission with his parents, President and Sister McCall.)
President McCall, Nat, Sister McCall and Elder McCall
OHHHH NOOOO!! I seriously don't know how this happened!! I only have 10 minutes left :(:(:(:( So I have to stop typing or I won't be able to send any pictures home...

Later in the week I was able to go back to EASTVALE!! :) I can't even begin tell you how excited I was! I got to see some of my favorites. #screaming #tears #lovin'

"Bodnar clan"
"Momma Katey"
(Editor: I received a text from Katey with this pic saying "I love my baby girl!")
"Me and my girl Sista Niihau"
Well I wish that I had time to tell you about all the spiritual expierences of the week... just know that I LOVE being a missionary. I LOVE this gospel. I LOVE my Savior and I LOVE all of you!!
Love you longtime,

Sister Nelson
(email received March 10, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment